Local Mold Inspection Services
So you’re walking into the bathroom, and you spot mold growing. You’re freaking out and wondering if you need to hire a company to perform a thorough mold inspection of your home. While finding mold in your home is never fun, there’s no need to panic.
Some remediation companies might insist on performing a test if you’ve already found mold, but at Remediation Solutions, we believe in saving our clients time and money. If you have mold, you shouldn’t need additional testing. You need our help removing it following industry guidelines. However, mold inspections do have their benefits.
What Circumstance Call for Mold Testing?
We’ve already established that visible mold needs remediated, not tested. That’s because no matter what type of mold you have in your home, it can be eradicated using similar methods, so testing isn’t necessary. If any of the following cases are present, you should call Remediation Solutions for thorough mold testing.
- When you smell mold in any area of your home, but you aren’t able to see it visibly. This suggests mold may be present beneath walls or under cabinets. If there is such a quantity that you can smell it, it’s likely sizeable enough to damage your home or health.
- There have been plumbing leaks or flood issues in or around your home recently. These can cause out-of-sight mold problems that won’t go away on their own.
- You are concerned about your health. If you’re coughing, sneezing, or getting headaches without identifying a cause, mold may be the culprit. Everyone has different sensitivities to mold, so only one person may get sick in a household with mold issues.
- You’re checking up on a past mold problem. Even though thorough remediation services should eliminate mold at their source, it never hurts to double-check and get peace of mind through mold testing, especially if you aren’t sure that a plumbing problem was fixed.
- You want to know about the air quality in your home. If you are selling your home, this may be a request of the buyers. It may also be something you’re curious about.
Why Over-The-Counter Mold Testing Kits Don’t Work
More and more people are worried that they have mold in their homes, so they turn to seemingly convenient mold testing kits. Unfortunately, these kits provide inaccurate results and waste time and money.
The atmosphere contains millions of mold spores, so mold will almost always grow in a test kit. Does that mean you have a mold problem in your home? It’s not likely. And if you do, the testing kit hasn’t helped you identify the cause of the mold or the outbreak’s location.
Are you in North Carolina and need your home or business inspected for mold? Then be sure to contact our team!
Comments are closed